Fan of the Match T&C
STUBHUB’S FAN OF THE MATCH SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA WHO ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AND WHO LIVE WITHIN A 75 MILE RADIUS OF CARSON, CA
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. ELIGIBILITY: StubHub’s Fan of the Match Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the State of California who are of legal age of majority in the jurisdiction in which they reside (and at least 18 years old) at the time of entry and who live within a seventy-five (75) mile radius from the City of Carson, California (“Eligible Participant”). Employees, officers, and directors (including immediate family members (spouse, parent, child and sibling and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) and members of the same household, whether or not related) of StubHub, Inc. (“Sponsor”), StubHub Center (“StubHub Center”), Anschutz L.A. Soccer, Inc., a/k/a LA Galaxy (“Galaxy”), Major League Soccer, L.L.C. (“MLS”), and Soccer United Marketing, LLC (“SUM”, and together with MLS and Galaxy, the “MLS Entities”) and each of their respective parents, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors, dealers, retailers, printers and advertising and promotion agencies, and any and all other companies associated with the Sweepstakes are not eligible to participate or win a prize. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws, rules and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
3. SWEEPSTAKES DESCRIPTION/TIMING: StubHub, Inc. (“Sponsor”) is hosting a Sweepstakes to promote the upcoming launch of the StubHub Center. To enter the Sweepstakes, you will be required to share a picture of yourself supporting the LA Galaxy via Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram. The Sweepstakes will begin at 8:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) on 6/1/2013 and ends at 4:59:59 PM PT on 6/14/2013 (the “Promotion Period”). One Prize will be awarded in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries (as defined in section 4 below), received during the Promotion Period.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes, Eligible Participants need to post a photo of yourself supporting the LA Galaxy via a public Instagram, Twitter and/or Facebook account (you may post on one, two or all three social platforms), during the Promotion Period in the following manner:
i) Twitter: Post a tweet including a link to the image, include the @StubHub handle and #StubHubCenter hashtag;
ii) Facebook: Post an image tagging the StubHub Facebook page (Facebook.com/StubHub);
iii) Instagram: Post an image tagging the StubHub Instagram account (Instagram.com/StubHub)
Each Eligible Participant submitting an Entry defined as an “Entrant”. Entries must be received by 4:59:59 p.m. PT on 6/14/2013 in order to be eligible. Each Entrant may submit one entry on Twitter, one Entry on Facebook and one Entry on Instagram for a total of three Entries. Limit three (3) total Entries per person during the Promotion Period. Subsequent Entries submitted via the same social channel by the same account will be void. Subsequent Entries in excess of three (3) Entries during the Promotion Period will be void. Entrants found using multiple Twitter, Facebook or Instagram accounts to enter will be ineligible and be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Entries that have been generated by a script, macro, bot or any other automated means will be deemed void. Entries that are mechanically reproduced, copied, illegible, incomplete, late or inaccurate are void. Incomplete Entries or Entries not complying with these Official Rules are subject to disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor’s decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. In the event of dispute as to the identity or eligibility of any potential Winner based on an Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account, the winning entry will be declared made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account that submitted the Entry at the time of entry provided he/she is eligible according to these Official Rules. The “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person assigned to an Instagram, Facebook or Twitter account by Instagram, Facebook or Twitter (as appropriate). The Sponsor’s computer system clock will be the official timekeeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. DETERMINATION OF WINNER: On or about June 15, 2013 by 11:00 AM PT, one (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received and will be deemed the winning Entry (the “Winning Entry”). Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Official Rules, the eligible participant that submitted the Winning Entry, will be the winner of the Sweepstakes (the “Winner”). Sponsor’s decisions are final on matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible Entries received. Claimed prize will be awarded.
6. NOTIFICATION: Potential Winner will be notified via the social channel in which the Entry was submitted i) via Twitter by a tweet from Sponsor to potential Winner’s handle from @StubHub, asking potential Winner to follow the @StubHub handle (if not already a follower) solely so the Sponsor can DM potential Winner to contact Sponsor for additional information to confirm eligibility; ii) via Facebook, Sponsor will comment on the potential Winner’s photo from the StubHub Facebook channel and provide potential Winner with an email address to contact Sponsor for additional information to confirm eligibility; iii) via Instagram Sponsor will comment on the potential Winner’s photo, tagging potential Winner’s Instagram handle and provide potential Winner with an email address to contact Sponsor for additional information to confirm eligibility (the “Prize Notification”). In the event that any potential Winner does not respond to any such Prize Notification and provide all necessary information required by Sponsor to confirm eligibility within forty-eight (48) hours of the Sponsor’s first attempt to contact such Winner (the “Required Response Time”), a disqualification will result, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsors’ sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential Winner may be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries. In addition, the potential Winner will be required to submit his/her valid identification to Sponsor and may be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release of Liability, and, unless prohibited by law, Publicity, within the Required Response Time. A disqualification and Prize forfeiture will result and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, an alternate potential winner will be selected from among all remaining eligible Entries if all required documents are not properly executed and returned within the specified period of time. Refusal or return of such documents as non-deliverable or any potential Winner’s noncompliance with these Official Rules will also result in disqualification, Prize forfeiture and, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, may cause an alternate potential Winner to be chosen from among all remaining eligible entries. Once the Winner’s eligibility is confirmed the Winner will be announced via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and All Access. Potential Winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that the potential Winner is the authorized account holder of the Twitter, Facebook or Instagram accounts associated with the winning Entry and/or an eligible entrant.
7. PRIZE: One (1) Prize to be awarded: A ”StubHub Fan of the Match” prize package of two (2) tickets to the LA Galaxy game at StubHub Center on June 19, 2013 at 7:30 pm PT in Carson, California. Prize includes two (2) Tickets, two (2) StubHub Center T-Shirts and participation in the game’s opening coin toss. Approximate Retail Value (ARV): $540.00. TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM THE GAME IN CARSON, CALIFORNIA AND LODGING NOT INCLUDED AND ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER.
If any part of the event is unable to take place as planned, for any reason, including but not limited to, cancellation, scheduling conflicts or an event of force majeure, the remaining components of the prize will be awarded and Sponsor’s obligation to the Winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided. Tickets awarded as part of a prize are subject to the terms and conditions stated on such tickets. Winner and guests must comply with all venue, stadium, and event rules and regulations. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of prize. Sponsor reserves the right to remove or deny entry to any Winner and his/her guests who engage in a disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person at the event. The prize restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the affidavit and release and/or Prize documents
Prize may not be transferred, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize is unavailable at the time the prize is awarded. All applicable federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner.
9. PUBLICATION, LICENSE AND RELEASE: By entering the Sweepstakes and submitting an Entry, each entrant: (a) agrees that his/her Entry is an original work of authorship and that he/she owns all right, title and interest in the Entry as of the date of submission or has all necessary rights and authorizations to submit it and the express permission of all individuals (including parent or legal guardian approval of individuals under the age of majority in the state in which they reside), content and materials embodied in the Entry to submit it for possible use as provided herein; (b) agrees that his/her Entry does not violate or infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (c) grants to Sponsor, StubHub Center and the MLS Entities and each of the aforementioned companies’ respective designees the perpetual and unlimited right and license to use, license, edit, modify, duplicate and/or create derivative works from his/her Entry throughout the world and in perpetuity, including, but not limited to, the right for Sponsor, StubHub Center and/or the MLS Entities, as applicable, to publish, display, broadcast, distribute, reproduce, perform, create derivative works from and otherwise use and exploit the Entry via the Internet or any other interactive media, in stadium, on television, in print and/or any other media currently existing and hereafter developed and without limitation and without payment of any compensation to the participant or his/her heirs and successors, (i) on its own or as part of any audiovisual or other production; (ii) to advertise any products, programming or services of the Sponsor, StubHub Center and/or the MLS Entities or for any other advertising, marketing, publicizing and promotional purposes and in any materials related thereto; and/or (iii) for any other purpose whatsoever; and (d) release in perpetuity the Releasees (as defined in Section 11 below) from any claims, demands, losses and liabilities of any nature arising out of or in any way connected with the Entry, and the use thereof as permitted hereunder, including, but not limited to, claims of false endorsement or infringement of rights of publicity or privacy. Nothing herein will obligate the Sponsor, StubHub Center or the MLS Entities to make any use of any of the rights set forth herein.
10. CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: Participants must not include any of the following content (the “Content Restrictions”) in any Entry: (i) pornography, adult-oriented content or any other sexually-explicit material; (ii) materials relating to lotteries or gambling; (iii) explicit language or content, images of violence, or promotion of illegal activities; (iv) content in violation of intellectual property rights or laws; (v) libelous, defamatory, disparaging, tortuous or slanderous materials; (vi) content that denigrates, disparages or reflects negatively on the Sponsor, StubHub Center, the MLS Entities, and each of the aforementioned companies’ owners and employees, or the game of soccer; (vii) tobacco, alcohol or drugs; (viii) dangerous stunts; (ix) real weapons of any kind including, but not limited to, guns, knives or projectiles; (x) material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, age or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law, ordinance, or regulation; (xi) individuals under legal age of majority without the express consent from a parent or legal guardian; (xii) audio and/or visual content owned by any third party (e.g., recorded music; pre-produced video, etc.); and (xiii) material that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state where the Entry is created. Any Entry that does not comply with the foregoing, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, will be disqualified and eliminated from consideration.
11. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: ENTRANTS HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, STUBHUB CENTER , THE MLS ENTITIES AND EACH OF THE AFOREMENTIONED COMPANIES’ RESPECTIVE PARENT COMPANIES, AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES, DIVISIONS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES AND THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, REPRESENTATIVES AND SHAREHOLDERS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASEES”) FROM ANY CLAIMS, ACTIONS, INJURY, LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING FROM PARTICIPATING IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR FROM THE ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, OR USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE AWARDED OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS A COMPREHENSIVE LIMITATION OF LIABILITY THAT APPLIES TO ALL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; LOSS OF DATA, INCOME, OR PROFIT; LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY; AND CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES. ELIGIBLE PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT RELEASEES HAVE NOT MADE NOR ARE IN ANY MANNER RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, STATUTORY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE), IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR THE PRIZE AWARDED. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, RELEASEES DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS WITH RESPECT TO ANY PROMOTIONAL WEB SITE AND RELEASEES SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS RELATED THERETO. Releasees are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, illegible, inaccurate, delayed, garbled, damaged, stolen or misdirected submissions, or problems of any kind, whether mechanical, human or electronic. Releasees are not responsible for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, telephone failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, inability to access a website, inability to submit an Entry, or fraud, incomplete, garbled, or delayed computer transmissions or inaccurate transcription of Entry information, whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may damage a user’s system or limit an Eligible Participant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes. Releases are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, illegible, damaged or misdirected Entries. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Should any portion of the Sweepstakes be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper play, or submission of Entries, or should the Sweepstakes be unable to run as planned for any other reason, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to terminate the Sweepstakes and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect Entries received prior to action taken. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR ANY ONLINE SERVICE RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES) FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of such term or any other provision. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant who violates the rules or interferes with the Sweepstakes in any manner. If an Entrant is disqualified, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate such Entrant’s eligibility to participate in the Sweepstakes. Any attempt by an individual to access any website associated with the Sweepstakes via a bot script or other brute force attack or any other unauthorized means will result in that individual’s IP address becoming ineligible. Use of automated entry devices or programs is prohibited.
12. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Eligible Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California, or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
13. WINNER’S LIST: For the name of the Prize Winner, available after 6/19/2013, Entrants may mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 7/15/13 to: StubHub’s Fan of the Match Sweepstakes Winner, 199 Fremont Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105. Requests for a Winner’s list must be received by 7/19/2013.
14. SPONSOR: The Sponsor of this Sweepstakes is StubHub, Inc., 199 Fremont Street, 3rd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105.
15. SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATION: Sponsor will be responsible for resolving any disputes and rules violations that arise in connection with the Sweepstakes. All decisions by Sponsor regarding the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects.
16. MISCELLANEOUS: This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or otherwise associated with, Facebook, Inc., Instagram, Inc. or Twitter, Inc. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor and not to Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
© Copyright 2013 StubHub, Inc. All rights reserved. Entrants may copy these Official Rules for the sole purpose of personal use and not for any commercial purpose whatsoever.
The LA Galaxy is a registered trademark of Anschutz L.A. Soccer, Inc. and used with permission.
StubHub Center is property of Anschutz Southern California Sports Complex. LLC and used with permission.