Week of July 14th Preview: Top 10 in Sports and Music
Each Monday we give a preview of the week ahead, which includes the top 10 events in sports and music based on page views for that coming week. Here’s a glimpse at What’s Hot:
Top 10 Sports:
- 2014 MLB All-Star Game July 15th, Target Field MPLS
- 2014 MLB Home Run Derby July 14th, Target Field MPLS
- Kansas City Royals at Boston Red Sox 7/19, Fenway Park BOS
- Kansas City Royals at Boston Red Sox 7/18, Fenway Park BOS
- Kansas City Royals at Boston Red Sox 7/20, Fenway Park BOS
- Cincinnati Reds at New York Yankees (Collectible Truck Day) 7/19, Yankee Stadium NY
- Los Angeles Dodgers at St. Louis Cardinals (Prairie Farms Run the Bases) 7/19, Busch Stadium STL
- Cincinnati Reds at New York Yankees July 18th, Yankee Stadium NY
- Los Angeles Dodgers at St. Louis Cardinals (1964 World Champions Print Giveaway) 7/18,, Busch Stadium STL
- Cleveland Indians at Detroit Tigers 7/19, Comerica Park DET
Top 10 Concerts:
- Beyonce and Jay Z – On The Run Tour July 15th, Georgia Dome ATL
- Billy Joel July 18th, Wrigley Field CHI
- Beyonce and Jay Z – On The Run Tour July 18th, Minute Maid Park HOU
- Bruno Mars July 14th, Madison Square Garden NY
- Bruno Mars July 15th, Madison Square Garden NY
- Justin Timberlake July 19th, TD Garden BOS
- Jason Aldean July 19th, Great American Ballpark CIN
- Jason Aldean July 18, Progressive Field CLE
- Justin Timberlake July 14, Baltimore Arena BAL
- Beyonce and Jay Z – On The Run Tour July 20th, Mercedes-Benz Superdome NO
Baseball games and baseball park concerts highlight this week’s top events on StubHub.
It’s all about All-Star week in sports as the MLB’s All-Star game sits at number one with tonight’s Home Run Derby coming in at number two in terms of sales. From there, all three Red Sox games against the Royals this week make the list as Boston tries to right the ship in the second half of the season and make a push for another World Series run.
A Beyonce and Jay Z show tops the list for the third week in a row as the couple visits the Georgia Dome in Atlanta. Narrowly behind them is Billy Joel’s show at Wrigley Field this Friday. No one can hit a “Take me Out the Ballgame” piano solo like Billy. Jason Aldean hits two Ohio ballparks when he visits Great American Ballpark in Cincinnati just after his Progressive Field show in Cleveland.
The StubHub blog serves as a portal for media to seek out and obtain daily, weekly and monthly ticketing trends, sales data and live event insights. StubHub is the world’s largest ticket marketplace with tickets available for more than 10 million live sports, music and theatre events at any time in the U.S., Canada and the U.K., and more than 8.5 million visitors a day generating a ticket sale every second. StubHub’s robust data provides a valuable perspective on the live-event going spectator – the fans buying tickets on our site, are the ones sitting in the seat. This blog is the consistent pulse of this active consumer group. For more information about the trends and stats shared in the blog, please contact us at StubHub PR.